- To enhance and develop each student’s stock of musical skills, knowledge of theory and experience composing
- To facilitate master classes with national and international clinicians, with a focus on composition and song-writing
- To develop skills that may contribute to community, professional and post-secondary musical pursuits
- To provide students with private, individualized lessons with outstanding musicians
- To experience professional performances and concerts on field-trips to Victoria and Vancouver
- To work in collaboration with the Theatre and Dance strands of Gulf Islands School of Performing Arts
- To produce a high-quality production, performed at ArtSpring, as an end product to the process.